Guildford Diocesan Registry

Trees in Churchyards

Special considerations apply to trees in churchyards although the same process for applying for a Faculty applies also to trees (except the use of a special Faculty petition form, known as Form 16). If a parish is considering works to trees, they should speak first of all to the DAC. If works are required in an emergency, for example after a storm or there is a health and safety risk, the parish should contact the Registry in the first instance for advice.

The Church Buildings Council has issued Trees Guidance to PCCs, which has further useful information.